Char kway teow is a Malaysian rice noodle dish, that is just as delicious as Thailand's pad thai. This is a vegan version with curry powder and Japanese Miso instead of the prawn paste usually included.
- 250g Noodles, preferably wide rice noodles
- 300g Tofu, diced
- Sesame or Rapeseed oil for frying
- 200g Bean Sprouts
- 1/3 Cup Water
- Chili flakes and Lime wedges to serve
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbs Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 1 tbs White miso
- 1 tbs Sesame Oil
- 3 tbs Sweet Soy Sauce (ketjap manis)
- Cook the noodles al dente following the instructions on the packet. Rinse in cold water.
- Whisk together all the wok sauce ingredients.
- Fry the tofu in a large frying pan with oil for 3 minutes.
- Mix in the beansprouts, add the noodles, wok sauce and water. Ensure everything is heated through.
- Serve the noodles with lime wedges and chilli flakes.